For offense to click, Cam Newton says, he can’t worry about

Атеисты и верующие задают друг другу вопросы. Ну и отвечают на них. Приветствуются рассказы о личном опыте, впечатлениях и переживаниях.

For offense to click, Cam Newton says, he can’t worry about

Сообщение Angel92 » 14 сен 2017, 06:31

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton http://www.officialredsprostore.com/drew-storen-jersey-c-1_9.html wasn’t having any part of feeding the Sean McDermott homecoming storylines Wednesday.
No disrespect to the Buffalo Bills head coach and former Panthers defensive coordinator, but Newton says he has enough to worry about.
One thing Newton no longer concerns himself with: Keeping all of his receivers and pass-catchers happy. (It helps that there are no Steve Smith-type personalities demanding the ball.)
This became a topic this week because rookie running back Christian McCaffrey was targeted seven times in the season-opening victory at San Francisco – equaling the combined targets for starting receivers Kelvin Benjamin (five) and Devin Funchess (two).
Tight end Greg Olsen, shooting his fourth consecutive 1,000-yard receiving season, had two catches for 18 yards on four targets.
Newton says he used to worry about spreading http://www.officialredssale.com/devin-mesoraco-jersey-c-1_3.html the ball and appeasing the type-A personalities in the receivers meeting room.
Not anymore.
“Years past I’ve had that approach. But now I leave that solely up to the play-caller,” Newton said.
Offensive coordinator Mike Shula, the aforementioned play-caller, said the distribution of targets is influenced by the defensive looks. It’s also a process, with McCaffrey’s involvement (five catches for 38 yards and 13 carries for 47) opening up the field for other receivers.
Newton said he lets his reads dictate where he’s throwing, and he’s not going to play favorites.
“When that play call is called, it’s up for me to go wherever the defense dictates the ball to go,” he said. “And not picking any favors, not picking any type of person that hasn’t touched the ball, yet. I’ll leave that solely up to coach Shula and his staff.”
Rivera not worried
Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he understands Thurman Munson Youth Jersey that “guys want to have the ball in their hands” and want to make plays.
But Rivera said he didn’t have a problem with how the ball was shared in the 23-3 victory over the 49ers.
Angel92

Вернуться в Хочу задать вопрос!