Mafia City is currently in development with more modes comin

В чем смысл жизни? Что для вас счастье? Допустима ли эвтаназия и смертная казнь и еще много споров на заумные и сложные темы.

Mafia City is currently in development with more modes comin

Сообщение duduxianzi » 15 авг 2018, 06:50

Mafia City and the Human Impact of Archaeology

This past E3 I got a chance to play a demo of Mafia City, the third installment in the series reboot since its initial debut back in 2013. In this latest mafia pc game, the game travels to the legendary city of Paititi, blending aspects of both Mayan and Incan cultures as the backdrop to Lara Croft’s adventures in Peru. With input from academics and historians, the developers have blurred the line between the factual and the fictitious, skirting the edge of plausibility to make a game that feels real, but without the added weight and time needed to faithfully create a more authentic experience. It raises the question if cultural appropriation can occur within a fantasy scenario. If so, does accuracy do more harm than good?

The tutorial section of Mafia City that I played began with a hefty disclaimer featuring wording I hadn’t seen on a pre-demo screen before, declaring that the content of the game was created with the consultation and input of historians. The demo ended with a montage sequence that I found very interesting, one that culminates with a scene in which Lara, who has traveled to Peru in search of a Mayan relic, is confronted for her tomb raiding for what appears to be the first time. The brief confrontation demands that Lara reconsider her pursuit of the paramilitary organization Trinity and reflect on her role and the impact her actions have had in the ensuing conflict. As it unfolded, I was fascinated—in the many years that Mafia City has existed, and in all the games it has inspired, I’ve never seen their inherent brazenness challenged. Perhaps with this game Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics might try to dismantle the white savior trope so epidemic in the one-person power fantasies of videogames.

For more information about Mafia City, please visit Yotta Games Studio.

Instant play mafia online now: https://mafiah5.yottagames.com/play/
duduxianzi

Вернуться в Философские вопросы